Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!



Well today I had a rough start to my birthday but it ended very well. We woke up in the middle of the night to find that our basement had flooded AGAIN! Talk about kicking you when you are already down. So we had the lovely restoration company over at 3:30 a.m. and I was up until almost 7:00 with them. Luckily it wasn't as bad as last week but still going to really hurt us financially I am sure. Needless to say I was pretty dead this morning, and let Sammy run wild until I finally came to around noon. Dixie and Aleia came over for a little bit and Sammy was so happy to have someone to play with that she actually jumped and clapped when she heard she was coming over. The two of us then took a long nap and then grandma came to pick Sammy up so that Jake and I could go on a little date when he got home from work. We went to dinner at Brick Oven and then I got to pick out a cool little camera, a Nikon cool pix and boy is it cool. We then had yummy chocolate cake and icecream over at the Jenne's. So needless to say the day ended out well. It's weird to think I am 26 and getting closer to 30. I don't feel that old but time flies right?

4 comments:

Lera said...

Happy birthday Jenn! Sorry about the basement again; that stinks! Hopefully the rest of year 26 is great for you... eventhough you are now old and in your LATE twenties like me!

mj said...

that is rough. sorry dude. your daughter is pretty cute though :o) and i am glad that you got a cool pix...you wanted that, and now there will be more pix of sam. call you later!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday!

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday! I am so embarassed, I should have told you the other day when I saw you! Either way, I am glad it has turned a little bit better! We have definitely had our share of sprinkler issues, but not flooding. How awful! I hope it never happens again!!!