Sunday, July 13, 2008

4th of July

This year we had a great 4th of July. It started with the balloon launching at the Freedom Festival in Provo at 6:00 a.m. We then had a yummy breakfast at the Jenne's house. Later in the day, Jake's mom Christine and I headed over to check out the booths and festivities and boy was it crowded! We could hardly make it anywhere. We then had a great barbeque at the Jenne's and waited for the other Jenne's to make their long awaited trip from CA. We all then headed to the fireworks at Thanksgiving Point. It was fun because my sister Missy and her hubby met us there with Sammy's other favorite cousin (I can say that because there is only 2) and my younger sister Krissy. I think everyone enjoyed the show. The kids had fun running around everywhere like mad before the fireworks began. Sammy was kind of scared at first but then I think she enjoyed them. For the rest of the week, she called them "wirebooks" and wouldn't stop talking about it. All in all, it was a fun night (minus the long drive home after the show)!






3 comments:

Lera said...

I love Sammy's dress! She looks stinkin' cute!

Erika said...

That is no fun! I hope everything is going okay after the flood.

I also love Sammy's dress - so cute!

Dixie said...

I love that picture of Sammy holding the flag. It's beautiful!