Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Potty Trained

So Sammy is now potty trained! Yah! I am so happy, I never thought I could be happier than this. J/K Well about 2 months ago I bought a book about potty training in one day and tried it. Let's just say it didn't work out-at all. It pretty much freaked Sammy out about the toilet. So a few weeks later, I bought her some cool panties and she seemed pretty interested in them. I started letting her wear them in the mornings sometime and she thought she was pretty cool. Sometimes I would ask her if she had to go potty and she would always scream and say no. So I kind of left it at that and just let her wear them until she either wet through them or wanted a diaper on to go in that! Well over General Conference weekend, she wanted to wear her panties one morning and during the morning session, she says "Mommy, need to potty." I was like "what? I really couldn't believe my ears. So I took her to the bathroom, and sure enough she went! I gave her a treat and she thought she was super cool. Ever after that, she has done so well with few accidents. I had her wear her pullups for a few nights and naptime to see if she could make it through and she did! So shortly after we switched out her crib and got her a little toddler bed. She has done pretty well with it, well as far as we know! Sometimes she will wake up the night and have to go potty but its not too bad. I am so proud of our little Sam Sam!



Seen this face before?

8 comments:

AubreyB said...

That's so great - I can't wait for the end of diapers!

mj said...

look at her in that big girl bed...she things she is soo cool...i am pretty sure she is not old enough to be in a toddler bed..isn't she still a baby?

Jenn said...

yeah I am definitely not missing the diapers that is for sure! It is still hard to believe she is a toddler and not a baby!

Lera said...

Yay Sam! Way to go!

Jamie said...

Yeah Sammy! What a big girl! She looks so cute in her toddler bed.

Unknown said...

Hi Jen,

I found your blog. I can't beleive how big Samantha is getting, she is so beautiful. You look great to! I am going to start potty traing Isabelle. I hope she will be potty trained soon, I hate buying diapers. This is great I have your blog, now we can keep in touch.

Lyndee

Lyndee said...

oh ya our blog address is http://figfam07.blogspot.com/

Cody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.