Thursday, November 29, 2007

Cheese Everywhere

So yesterday night I ran to Walmart with Sammy to grab a few groceries. You know how crazy Walmart is. I really didn't want to go but really needed to get a few things and couldn't put it off anymore. Well first let me preface this. Lately Sammy has been really fighting a grocery cart. She screams and yells when I put her in the front, but she loves the carts with the little cars in front. So yeah, do you think at primetime 7:00 pm in Walmart there is going to be a car cart available-think not! So I ended up with a regular cart and just let her sit (well mostly she stands and yells Hi to everyone walking by) in the back. We decide to head to the chip isle because I am desperately needing some chips and dips, it was just that time. I find the items I am crazy for, including a glass jar of cheese dip. About 10 seconds after I put it in the cart, I see just in time and pretty much in slow motion Sammy throwing the cheese out of the cart. Of course, the jar breaks and cheese flies everywhere. So what is a mother to do? People are looking at me like I am crazy and can't control my kid and I am thinking I want to hurt my child while Sammy looks at me and goes "Uh Oh" very slowly. Definitely uh oh is right I tell her. I then start to see if I can see a Walmart worker, anyone who would actually help me. I rush down a few isles and luckily see an older man putting cleaning supplies on the shelves. I run over to him and tell him what happens, the whole story, and then he looks at me and says "speaka no anglish." Great job Jenn, glad I could find some one to actually help. I say "amigos anywhere" but he just shrugs and so then I start rushing around to find my next Walmart victim. I end up clear in the Electronics, which you all know is really no where near the food section. He is a young kid with big curly hair and I am just hoping that he will take care of the problem. I tell him the story and he looks at me with this duh look on his face and says "I can't really leave this area." So I say, "Can't you call someone to clean it up?" and he says that he can't. So I tell him thanks so much for his care and assistance and head off. As I head back to the crime of scene, pretty much embarrassed and tired of the whole incident as well as I trying to keep Sammy sitting in the back of the cart instead of climbing out, I realize that it really isn't worth it. Here I was trying to help with the problem that I caused, and no one even cared. I decided that I was finished grocery shopping and reluctantly told the cashier what happened to which she responded "I will just call the maintenance crew. This happens all the time." So what a day. I am putting off going grocery shopping again for awhile until we run out of macaroni and cheese and ramon.

4 comments:

mj said...

mmmm Raman for breakfast lunch and dinner. sounds like good eating!

Erika said...

So I guess that is what I have to look forward to when Ethan gets a bit bigger!

Tina said...

Great Story. I have to say that as bad as I felt for you reading it, it put a smile on my face. Motherhood is serious good times!

Jamie said...

I'm so sorry Jen-what a mess, though I have to admit it was pretty funny. I'm impressed at how well you handled it all!