Sunday, February 24, 2008

Valentines Day

Well for Valentine's Day this year, it was kind of busy. We were getting ready to leave for our trip, as well as try to celebrate this special day. I have also loved Valentine's Day and always try and think of something fun to do for Jake. This year it was fun because I also got to do something fun with Sammy as well.
The plan for this year was that I would go in the day before and decorate Jake's desk at work all cute. Well Sammy and I worked with our friends Dixie and Aleia cutting out hearts and getting everything already. It ended up though that night with him leaving (meaning I would have no car) and there was no way to get his keys from him since he took them with him. So I made new plans that I would take the car and go early in the morning and decorate once his office was open. Well when he got home that night, he told me that he needed to take the car in early for an oil change before we left that night for our trip. Plans spoiled again! So I called my friend Dixie and she said that after Jake left to work on the car, she would come pick me up and help me decorate early. So it all worked out after all! She came and got me and Sammy around 8:00 and we were able to decorate with balloons, hearts, candy, and crepe paper before Jake made it into work. Whew! It was a close call. We were even careful enough to cover up our footprints, even though he never even made it back before work.
The cutest part of my day, besides Jake giving a little handcrafted bag to me with a nice pair of earrings as I took him his lunch, was a group of boys from our ward came and sang a song to me. They sang ocapella really good and were all wearing suits and corsages. I guess they were doing it as a fundraiser for something or other. It was funny though because as I saw about ten teenage boys come to my door all dressed up (I was doing the dishes and saw them through the window) I thought "oh no, i am going to have to tell them they are at the wrong house" and almost didn't even go to the door. How bad am i? But then when I went to the door, they said "Sister Jenne we are here to serenade you-requested by Bro. Jenne." It was really cute. That pretty much made my day. It kind of took me back to the olden days for some reason. Anyhow, enough blabbing, here are some fun pics of Sammy opening a little monkey that I gave her. It was fun to have someone cute to take pics of.





5 comments:

mj said...

NICE WORK! I love the design you chose...it looks like this new paper i just got!

Jenn said...

thanks...jake has been working on it for awhile and he finally finished! Yah!

Jamie said...

I am so glad that things worked out. You are persistant-I probably would have given up. I love those pics of Sammy with the monkey. She is so cute and SO big!

Tina said...

Holy cow, Sammy has grown up so much! I can't believe her hair....Madi's seems to be taking forever! Love the new blog makeover and sounds like you had a fun trip to CA.

Jenn said...

Yeah, Sammy is getting big and kind of getting more of an attitude these days. Darn those almost terrible twos. Everyone thinks she is older because of her long hair! Glad you like the new blog, it was fun to make. I was just getting too jealous of everyone else's cute blogs-so Jake finally made me a new one!